NEW MEMBER INFORMATION
NOW MORE THAN EVER You Owe it to Your Residents to join the Alliance of Delray Residential Associations
Our monthly meetings present an opportunity for your voice to be heard by:
U.S. Congresswoman Lois Frankel
U.S. Congressman Ted Deutch
State Senator Lori Berman
State Senator Kevin Rader
State Representative Emily Slosberg
State Representative Tina Polsky
Commissioner Mary Lou Berger
Mayor Mack Bernard
Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw, and others.
Alliance meetings offer many opportunities for you to speak directly to elected officials. Quality of life issues such as homeowners insurance, and health and prescription drug plans, are addressed as part of monthly meetings.
THERE IS VALUE IN MEMBERSHIP IN THE ALLIANCE:
- WE PROVIDE YOU WITH A VOICE IN THE FUTURE APPEARANCE OF YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD INCLUDING TRAFFIC PATTERNS THAT WILL BE AFFECTING YOUR COMMUNITY
- THERE ARE ANTI-H.O.A. AND ANTI-C.O.A. CHANGES BEING PROPOSED IN THE NEXT LEGISLATIVE SESSION THAT WE ARE PREPARING TO BATTLE
THE FOLLOWING IS A LIST OF SOME OF THE PAST ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND CURRENT PROJECTS OF THE ALLIANCE OF DELRAY:
- Fought to correct the disparity on Medicare payments to HMO’s between Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties, which we challenged the U. S. Office of Budget and Finance to change three years ago, and recently won.
- Road building, traffic, landscaping–oversight at county level.
- New community development—oversight at county level.
- Pioneered in providing flu shots in community facilities each year since 2002
- Continuous research for Comcast Cable alternatives
- Consulted by FPL on additional powerline route
- Continuous follow-up with Solid Waste Authority on the search for a new waste transfer station. Nearing final approval on site of Bowman Farm off State Road 7, north of West Atlantic Ave
- President’s Council Meetings conducted several times each year to update community leaders of latest developments.
- Conduct Security Council Meetings conducted two to three times each year in coordination with the ranking officers of Sheriff’s Dept. District 4 to appraise community security representatives of current developments.
- Creation of a statewide coalition of community associations to produce fair and equitable state legislation for community association residents.
- Instrumental in developing new Insurance Bill with Sen. Ron Klein for submission to the state legislature in 2005 session.
- Conducted successful “Man of the Year” luncheon honoring U. S. Congressman Robert Wexler, May 16, 2005 at Gleneagles Country Club. Received national TV and press coverage of this event. Congressman Wexler chose this venue to announce his solution to the Social Security problems.
- Increasing the Medicare allowance to Palm Beach County residents so that it is closer to that of Miami Dade and Broward Counties.
- Providing Flu shots to residents in the convenience of their own clubhouses each year since 2002.
- Offering a no charge discount prescription drug card to all members in 2002.
- Free health screenings for cholesterol, glucose, balance and pulmonary tests and prostate screenings at the February 6, 2002 Health and Wellness Fair conducted by the Alliance in coordination with the Delray Medical Center at it’s February monthly meeting at the south County Civic Center. This has been repeated each February since that time
- The Alliance formed a coalition with the West Boca Community Council (WBCC) and the Coalition of West Boynton Residential Associations (COWBRA) in March 2003. Named the South County Community Partnership, it’s purpose is to establish open lines of communication between Federal, State and County elected officials, their staff members and the board members of the partnership associations representing more than 300,000 citizens living in homeowner and condominium associations in south Palm Beach County.
Speak to an Alliance Board member today:
Contact President Lori Vinikoor for more information at
Vinikoor@bellsouth.net or firstname.lastname@example.org
Join your 100+ neighboring communities who are already members of the Alliance.
A mere $150 yearly membership dues provides you with valuable information and opportunities that will complement the fabulous Florida lifestyle we enjoy and work toward improvement of property values.