Delray Medical Center Offers Speaker Bureau to Alliance Communities.
ABOUT DELRAY MEDICAL CENTER'S EMERGENCY ROOM APPOINTMENT SERVICE:
Delray Medical Center announces the end of waiting! Now you can hold your place on line for the Emergency Room with the on-line InQuickER service.
Delray Medical Center has completed an $8.5 million dollar renovation of its Emergency Department. The number of examination rooms has doubled from 17 to 35 and each is a private enclosure with flat screen TV.
EndoWrist Instrumentation is an integral part of this system. EndoWrist Instruments are designed to provide surgeons with natural dexterity and a range of motion far greater than even the human hand. EndoWrist instruments come in a wide array of tips designed to facilitate procedures ranging from mitral valve repair to hysterectomy.
This advanced technology is being offered to Gynecology and thoracic surgical patients.
The photo below on the left shows Fernando Recio, MD, gynecology/oncology seated at the console of the affectionately named "Sami the Robot" DaVinci SI surgical equipment which is made in the USA and sold through Intuitive Surgical of Sunnyvale, California. Below right photo from left: Alliance President Bob Schulbaum, Dr. Recio, Alliance First VP Lori Vinikoor
THE ALLIANCE OF DELRAY WORKING WITH DELRAY MEDICAL CENTER TO SERVICE THE COMMUNITY
Seated at conference table from left: Susan Zuckerman, Alliance President's Assistant; Margie Walden, Alliance Executive VP; Bob Schulbaum, Alliance Pres.; Norma Arnold, Alliance Director; Mark H. Bryan, Delray Medical Center CEO; Dr. Lori Vinikoor, Alliance VP ; Charles Laufer, Alliance Director; Stanley Kalish, Alliance Treasurer; Stan Goodman, Alliance Director, Ed Berger, Alliance Director; Mickey Mazor, Alliance VP; Dick Herman, Alliance 1st VP
ON THE HEALTH FRONT AND WORKING TOWARD QUALITY LIVING IN SOUTH FLORIDA
ALLIANCE ADVISORY BOARD SERVES AS A LINK BETWEEN COMMUNITIES AND DELRAY MEDICAL CENTER
· "The Doctor Is In,” a cooperative effort between the Alliance, its member communities, and the Delray Medical Center has been established.
· The Alliance and Delray Medical Center are planning a Health Fair for March 31, 2011.
· New tracking system using ID numbers and flat sceen viewing is now being used so patients can be followed through the surgical operating/recovery room process. Click here to view the article:
· Excellent care is available through the Comprehensive Stroke Center which offers services more extensive than primary stroke centers.
· Available equipment such as the 64 Slice CT Multiscanner improve the diagnosis and treatment process.
· The emergency room provides a “24 hour Trauma Center.”
· 42 Acre Campus includes Pinecrest Rehabilitation Hospital which incorporates an interdisciplinary team in the rehabilitation process.
· Fair Oaks Adult Psychiatric Pavilion contains a new Detox Unit opening this fall.
· An Urgent Care/Imaging Center is planned for early 2012.
· New signage now exists for ease of movement through the hospital.
· Sleep Center helps to diagnosis and effectively manage chronic and occasional sleep disorders that nearly 60 million Americans suffer from.
· This past Saturday the DaVinci Surgery was approved, which is a minimally invasive robotic process used often in surgical treatment of oncology cases, in particular, prostate cancer.
· New Delray Medical Center Projects Include establishing a Spine Center of Excellence, new cardiac catheterization lab, 2 new operating rooms, and an expanded oncology program.
HISTORY OF DELRAY MEDICAL CENTER: Delray medical Center was built in 1982
350 Acute care beds 53 Psych Beds
52 Critical care Beds 169 Monitored beds
12 OR Suites 90 Rehabilitation Beds
Average Daily Census-53% CY 2009
Trauma Level II Open Heart and Cath Lab
Minimally invasive capabilities Endovascular
Rehabilitation-Pinecrest Rehab Outpatient Diagnostics
Outpatient Diabetes Educational Program Woman’s Center
Admissions 18,647 Surgeries 7,754
ER Visits 40,944 Full Time Employees 1,196
Approximately 620 Physicians Approximately 220 Allied Staff
Taxes paid to Palm Beach County $1,852,466.45
SUMMARY OF GROWTH:
Only PBC Out Patient Diabetes Educational Program Surgical Services
GYN and GYN/Onc surgery Neurosurgery – tumor and spine
General surgery Orthopedic surgery
Breast surgery ENT
Vascular/endovascular Surgery Cardiac Services – off-pump cases, valve program
Neuroscience Program –Comprehensive Stroke Center Emergency Dept: - EMS, cardiac & stroke alert
OUT-PATIENT PROGRAMS: ODC, Rehab, Wound Care, Behavioral Health, Sleep Center
CANCER PROGRAM: Certified Inpatient Program
NEWLY ACQUIRED TECHNOLOGY: 64-Slice CT Innova 3131 Digital Flat BiPlane Imagining System
PINECREST HOSPITAL OVERVIEW:
Specializing in: ●Stroke ● Brain & Spinal Cord Injuries
Comprehensive Outpatient Therapy Programs – Physical Therapy,
Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Dizziness & Balance, Adaptive Driving
Pinecrest Rehabilitation Hospital also includes: Hospice of Palm Beach County – 14 bed unit
|TRACKING PATIENTS at delray medical center|
|NEWSLETTER WINTER 2011|
|ALLIANCE / DELRAY MEDICAL CENTER 2012 WELLNESS SCREENING EXPO|
|Speaker Bureau Information (2)|
|Home Safety Checklist (1)|
|Reducing the Risk of Falling|
|Trauma Awareness Day 2012|
|Urgent Care Facility|
|30 th Anniversary|
|Take Me to Delray Medical Center Flyer (1)|
|Wellness Screening Expo 2013|
|Delray Medical Center May 2013 Lectures (1)|
|Stay Safe From The Heat (1)|
|New Spine Surgery at Delray Medical Ctr (1)|
|Lecture & Lunch - Dangers of Untreated Valve Disease|
|August 2013 Lecture Series (1)|
|September 2013 Lecture Series (1)|
|Yellow Dot Auto Safety Program|
|Delray Medical Center News & Annoucements|
|October 2013 Lecture Series (1)|
|November 2013 Lecture and Events (1)|
|February 7, 2014 Health Expo Flyer (1)|
|April 2014 Lectures and Events (1)|
|May 2014 Lecture and Events Schedule (1)|
|June 2014 Lecture & Events Schedule (1)|
|August 2014 Lectures & Events (1)|
|2015 WELLNESS SCREENING EXPO (1)|
|March 2015 Lecture & Events Schedule (1)|
|May 2015 Lecture & Events Schedule (1)|
|June 2015 Lecture and Events Schedule (1)|
|August 2015 Lecture and Events Schedule (1)|
|August 2015 Lecture and Events Schedule|
|August Newsletter 2015 (1)|
|December 2015 Flyer-New Patient Tower in 2017 (1)|
|December 2015 Lecture & Events Series (1)|
|DMC/Alliance Wellness Screening Flyer (1)|
|Delray Medical New Tower|
|May 2016 Lectures and Events Schedule (1)|
|August 2016 Lecture and Events Scedule (1)|
|Aerial Photos-New Tower Under Construction (1)|
|September 2016 Lecture & Events Schedule (1)|
|Letter to the Community Regarding Trauma Center (1)|
|December 2016 Lecture & Events Schedule (1)|
|December 2016 Flyer (1)|
|January 2017 Flyer (1)|
|February 2017 Flyer (1)|
|March Upcoming Lectures & Events Series (1)|
|March 2017 Flyer (1)|
|November 2016 Trauma Update Letter (1)|
|Florida Statute Chapter 395 TRAUMA (1)|
|Senate Bill 746 (1)|
|March 2017 Flyer|
|April 2017 Flyer|
|TRANSCATHETER AORTIC VALVE REPLACEMENT (TAVR)|
|May 2017 Flyer-Tours New Patient Tower (1)|
|June 2017 Announcement-DMC and Humana (1)|
|EXPANSION PROJECT BRINGS NEW TOWER & PARKING GARAGE|
|New DMC Tower Scheduled to Open July 11th (1)|
|Flyer-Back in-Network With Humana Health Care Insurance (1)|
|July 2017 Flyer (1)|
|August 2017 Flyer (1)|
|Flyer-Transcatheter Therapies for Severe Aortic and Mitral Valve Disease (1)|
|October 2017 Lecture Schedule (1)|
|November 15, 2017 DMC St Mary's Trauma Letter (1)|
|December 2017 Lecture and Events Schedule (1)|
|WELLNESS SCREENING EXPO FEBRUARY 2, 2018 (1)|